Off to Africa.....completely unprepared

(I am writing this as I watch the last US Presidential debate, so if I start to mumble, look vague and finish my sentences by mumbling to myself, blame McCain !! I must admit it is actually quite interesting at the moment - they have gone each other face to face over the terrorist rally attendees and pal-ing around accusations.. Bring it on !!!)
So during my last day in New York, Aussie dollar collapses to the mid 60's, financial markets in turmoil - again, and I even read an article in The Age about (real) markets in Mozambique and how the cost of food is going through the roof. And I am off to Africa, feeling completely unprepared, wondering where I am going and exactly what for.
Oh and the debate... first, it is so weird here how there is so much analysis of everything, every approach, every phrase, even what the other guy was doing when the other guy was doing. Enough already as they say hear - you can pretty much find someone to say anything - for example there are some talking head stooges who actually say that Sarah Palin was a good choice. As for the candidates - McCain seems completely mad - as they say here - like an old guy trying to get the young whipsnappers off his front lawn. Meanwhile Obama knows he has it in the bag, and is being a bit uppity. At the end of the day though, don't really make much difference - despite 70 million Americans watching the thing. My prediction for the night - we will be hearing alot more about Joe the Plumber

No comments: