Back from the (blogging) wilderness

As you prescient readers have noticed I have laid off the blogging for the last little while. There are two reasons, firstly I basically travelled halfway across the globe in the last two months - from Cairo to Bangkok (almost all over land, including a 7,000 km long train trip) via Istanbul, Helsinki, Moscow, Beijing and Kuala Lumpur. Secondly, I have taken up a couple of new occupations, as the photos show. For a while I became a Finnish potato farmer, and when I got bored of that I decided (or it was decided or me) to become a Major- General in the Russian Army !!!















Sadly I had to retire from both these
occupations on the grounds of lack of work ethic.


Anyway, as you can imagine from my usual blundering ways, there have been plenty of adventures along the way, and I am in the process of getting them up on the blog. Today I have put up a few posts about the Syria to Russia part. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will get the Russia and China posts up.
Next I am off to Indonesia for a few months of surfing, and sadly (I am sure you lament it more than me) the trip will reach its end and I will slide in to Melbourne in time for Christmas and the summer holidays, inshallah.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I thought maybe you were a train conductor. But army general is just as good.

Marita said...

Sounds good cant believe that you didn't have enough money and cant believe even more that there was an ATM or that you thought there might be. Read it with mum @Anglesea for Cup day break remember that the race that stops the nation.The timetable information was good very interesting will tell simon and cathy to have aread. Was looking for your name in the recnt asian blog awards apparaently 3 australains made it big one was a travel writer. You did make it to the latest Anglenews though thanks to dad. Enjoy