A funny thing happened to me on the way to Istanbul, or a bus ride in Turkey

Unfortunately I only had a day to cross Turkey to get to Istanbul to
catch my flight. I caught a bus at 5am from Aleppo in the north of Syria
to Antakia and from there I took a Turkish overnight bus to Istanbul.
Naturally I took the cheaper bus but when I stepped on board I was
pleasantly surprised - there were pillows and neatly folded blankets on
each seat. When I sat down again I was surprised, I could stretch my
legs fully out and my knees didn't touch the seat in front of me.
As we headed off the surprises continued, every now and then the steward
would come around offering complimentary drinks, chocolate bars and
lollies. The bus even had free wi-fi access to the internet so I didn't
have to watch Turkish TV. The sweetest touch of all was the couple of
times the steward came around with the Turks favourite pungent lemon
scented cologne which he generously splashed on to my hands and then
gave me a hot towel - very refreshing.
All this, and a fourteen hour bus ride for $30, and we managed to arrive
on time.

No comments: