Truly with a tent (12.02)

OK so to those who doubt that the Loiterer does actually have a tent, here is some photographic evidence.

I admit I have failed to capture the loitering in this photo but I am sure you can well imagine what I was doing at the time. The landscape in the background in the Rwenzori mountains in the west of Uganda, slapped up against the border with Congo - the border actually cuts through the peaks.

Whilst Damo headed off in to the hills for a hike, I took it easy, sitting in the balcony of the restaurant, eating passion fruit in the afternoon sun, the scent from the passion fruit vine climbing all over the beams of the balcony blown my way every now and then by the breeze. This mixed with the smell generated by the sun heating the oil on the wooden balcony. The eucalyptus trees swayed in the breeze and suddenly I was transported to Anglesea, sitting on the back patio, catching the late afternoon sun in February,  half snoozing and reliving a good surf session early that morning whilst pretending to read the paper. Maybe time for the Loiterer to start moving back towards the sea.

No comments: