On a wing and a prayer (II)


I finally got around to leaving the US & A, after a brief visit with Sarah in Fort Worth, Texas. As I step on to the plane I think to myself, maybe silver was a good colour for American Airlines to paint their planes back in the 50's, but with all those rivets, and with the fact that nobody has been using that Nufinish magic silver polishing stuff they used to advertise on TV, the planes look like they are from the 1950's. Stepping on to the plane I am not exactly overwhelmed with confidence - a common occurrence it seems for us folk who travel on budget airlines.

About an hour in to the flight I get up to go to the toilet I what do I see the air hostess reading as I walk past - yep you guessed it the Holy Bible. On a closer inspection it turns out to be the book of Samuel - only the old testament in these parts. (The book of Samuel is aboout Saul trying to get in God's good books but failing because he was disobedient - if you wanted to know)
Sitting back in my seat I think to myself, so what does an air hostess reading the bible during a flight tell you ?
a) the plane is about to crash and we are all damned
b) we are all damend and thus the plane will crash
c) whether the plane crashes or not we are all damned (so vote for Bush)
d) all of the above
Anybody got any suggestions ?

No comments: